The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for overall housekeeping operations and ensures the cleanliness of hotel rooms and public areas. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality. Effective management of assigned staff to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive team member relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial Results/Cost Control: Responsible for the overall finances of the housekeeping department. Responsible for maximizing hotel profitability and management of expenses. Effectively manages labor through proper scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting based on business needs. Manages supply costs by negotiating and reviewing with vendors and safeguarding existing supplies. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Assists with the preparation and management of the department budget. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources. Ensures sufficient room inventory is available and cleaned to maximize revenue.
- Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by providing quality room cleanliness and room supplies. Timely respond to guest concerns or requests in courteous and friendly manner, focuses on service recovery when applicable. Works side by side with staff to train and model appropriate guest service standards. Achieves business revenue goals by developing and implementing service programs within the housekeeping department designed to increase guest satisfaction.
- Safety/Risk Management: Conducts routine inspections of housekeeping operations to maintain standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, local, state and federal regulations. Keep all information up to date in Material Safety Data Sheets to ensure proper procedures when using chemicals. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/team member incidents.
- Associate Management and Development: Responsible for evaluating staff performance and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to hold team members accountable. Motivates staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing team members. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, coaching, and development of all team members. Responsible for all required training for department team members and ensuring training records are maintained. Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures implementation to improve results. Utilizes available resources and adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group training policies. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment.
- Self/Workload Management: Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs. Uses expertise to advise and implement changes to housekeeping operations as needed Responsible for all housekeeping/laundry initatives and meeting productivity standards at the hotel level. Must have high attention to detail, good communication skills, leadership ability and excellent problem solving skills. Must have excellent organization skills, a high degree of creativity to facilitate efficient problem solving. Must be able to manage multiple priorities and work in an environment with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.