This position is responsible for ensuring outstanding guest service and effective operations of the front desk. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality. Effective management of assigned staff to ensure guest satisfaction, positive team member relations and achievement of overall financial results.
1. Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring service standards are met and guests’ needs and concerns are responded to in a timely manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable. Works side by side with staff to train and model appropriate guest service standards. Responsible for holding staff members accountable for anticipating needs and exceeding guest expectations. Achieves business revenue goals by implementing and delivering creative service programs designed to increase guest satisfaction.
2. Financial Results and Cost Control: Supports management of expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Supports cost saving measures and efficient strategies in order to meet/exceed budget for expenses. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources. Uses expertise to advise and implement changes to front desk operations as needed, while maximizing revenue and occupancy.
3. People Management and Training: Assists in evaluating staff performance and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to hold team members accountable. Motivates staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing team members. Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures implementation to improve results. Utilizes available resources and adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group training policies. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment.
4. Self/Workload Management: Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs. Supports all front desk initatives. Must have high attention to detail, good communication skills and leadership ability. Must have excellent organization skills, a high degree of creativity to facilitate efficient problem solving. Must be able to manage multiple priorities and work in an environment with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.
5. Safety/Risk Management: Conduct routine inspections of front desk operations to maintain standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/team member incidents.
6. Effective Operations of the Food and Beverage Department: Leads the food & beverage staff to ensure the department operates efficiently and business goals are achieved. Attends appropriate meetings and communicates effectively with all responsible staff to ensure guest and team member needs are met
Education: High school diploma or GED required, college degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 2+ years of customer service and 1+ years supervisory/management experience desired. Must be detail oriented, have ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with team members and guests. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills.
Physical: Ability to lift, push or pull up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled