This position is responsible for balancing and closing previous business day and completing daily financial reports. This position successfully manages person in charge duties during the overnight shift, including showing sound judgment in making independent decisions and ensuring security protocols are being followed. Assists guests in a friendly, professional and timely manner, while following B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Guest Service: Performs the manager-on-duty role during 3rd shift. Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly and positive manner. Responsible for providing the highest level of service. Process check-ins and check-outs, verify billing, create reservations, and process special requests. Assists guests by having knowledge of hotel property, local attractions, and hours of operation of hotel outlets and services. Ability to work independently or in a team in meeting guests needs, and actively contributes to the efforts of other departments when necessary. Understands and follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group guest service recovery program.
- Audit: Accountable for accurately balancing all revenue sources and completing daily financial reports. Process no-show reservations, prepare financial reports for managerial review. Close the financial day for the hotel.
- Financial Results and Cost Control: Follows proper selling techniques and ensures strategies are utilized to maximize room revenues. Monitors room availability, follows restrictions, and all booking policies and procedures. Drives sales and maximizes revenue by up-selling rooms and amenities. B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures when handling cash and processing financial transactions. Responsible for proper use of all equipment and adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste.
- Self/Workload Management: Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. After completing financial tasks, works on assigned additional projects, stocking supplies and assisting other over-night staff as needed. Adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group general work rules and department procedures. Attends all required department and hotel meetings.
- Safety/Risk Management: Maintains a clean and safe work area in compliance with B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.