The Training and Talent Acquisition Manager is primarily responsible for partnering with the Corporate Senior Human Resources Manager on training and talent acquisition related initiatives and programs, including but not limited to designing and implementing training, talent benchmark, succession planning programs and overseeing the recruitment cycle for Executive Committee level for the field team. The Training and Talent Acquisition Manager must possess a strong passion and affinity for the Human Resources profession and be a team player with an engaging and approachable style. This individual must possess strong presentation, communication skills and a dynamic presence. Having the ability to collaborate and the initiative to drive for results is key. This individual will be highly results-oriented, driven, focused and able to balance multiple priorities and issues. This individual reports to the Assistant Vice President of Human Resources and works closely with the Corporate and hotel key leadership teams to drive the desired results through focused training sessions and effective recruitment strategies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
Design and develop training programs to support hotel operations as well as build and implement new initiatives that instill leadership fundamentals, compliance-related, job-related, technical and customer service related skills within our field hourly and managerial team members.
- Assist Assistant Vice President of Human Resources in evaluating the effectiveness of training programs and ensuring trainings meet the Hospitality Group’s business needs and objectives. Partners closely with field Human Resources leaders and serves as a subject matter expert for learning and is relied upon to provide expertise as needed.
- Partner with subject matter leaders and develop for difference audience groups. Knowledge of design and development methods in the hospitality or service industry is critical to the success of this position.
- Oversee the full sourcing and recruitment cycle for field Executive Committee level positions. Collaborate with Hiring Managers and field HR leaders to strategically source the right candidates for the respective positions based upon our One Team! values, qualities of current top performers and must-have skills. Provide feedback and guidance to property teams as appropriate.
- Enhance the sourcing, recruiting and interview process by using information obtained from field HR leaders, new hire check-ins and exit interviews.
- Manage and serve as the subject matter expert for the Company’s Applicant Tracking System, background check system and the Managerial Offer Letter Process.
- Build partnerships with local sourcing organizations to keep the company in the forefront of any prospective candidates to include local colleges, culinary schools, military bases, veteran organization and other community career outreach.
- Maintain recruitment metrics and report openings and hires and any data to the Senior Leadership team that will enhance the Company’s hiring practices.
- Participation other aspects of the Human Resources functions as needed based on department and business priorities.
- Develop and maintain company team communications, such as the Big 3 Bulletin, to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Conduct Field Management exit interviews.
- Assist AVP of Human Resources in designing and implementing a talent benchmark program that focuses on identifying top talent and succession planning for field team members.
- Work with Corporate HR team to create and communicate orientation and onboarding expectations to field hotels and corporate hospitality
- Manage multiple priorities in dynamic, changing environment
- Undertake special projects on behalf of the AVP of Human Resources
- Other assigned duties as requested
JOB REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS /ABILITIES):
- People management and project management experience highly desirable
- Previous hotel management or hospitality human resources experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of employment regulations and administrative requirements
- Experience with change management and employees communications a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications; the ability to produce written communication; speak comfortably to people one-on-one, in small groups and to large audiences. Must have ability to listen with empathy
- Have ability to listen fairly and objectively, and promote action based on organization’s mission and values of past practices
- Strong presentation skills and a dynamic presence
- Strong work ethic and professional focus; the willingness to commit the time needed for success and to work smart towards company objectives
- Technology competence with HRIS software and programs
- High level of personal integrity, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Team oriented personality; the ability to work effectively to accomplish performance goals and objectives
- Ability to handle multiple problems at once, keep files and records organized and in compliance and managing time effectively
- Demonstrated excellence in communications, problem solving skills and process improvement
- Excellent time management and problem resolution skills
- Ability to use independent judgement to solve people and organizational issues
- Demonstrated ability to stay positive and motivated in a growing, challenging and changing environment
- Ability to travel mostly in DC Metro Area up to 25% of the time