To help maximize total sales and revenue penetration, RevPar index growth, meet and exceed individual and team goals as it relates to budget through proper management of inventories and through proper entering of group blocks, managing cutoff dates, and billing for both Crowne Plaza & Holiday Inn with attention to detail and accuracy.
The group coordinator will report to the Area Director of Revenue Management. Close coordination and interaction will occur with the Director of Sales and Marketing, General Managers, and operational department heads.
- Build and enter all group and airline/contract blocks and rooming lists and create personalized group websites and web link as needed
- Monitor cut-off dates, release unused blocked rooms in a timely manner and control all reservations against the blocks built
- Monitor prior, during and post the group dates. Check for duplicated reservations and errors
- Audit Delphi’s GRC report against Opera’s Group Pick Up report on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
- Run Group Pick Up meeting with Sales Coordinators and Conference Service Manager
- Communicating with Sales Managers and front desk on status of group information (i.e. resume/staff meeting).
- Maintain good relationships with general managers, sales leaders and corporate team members.
- Preparing special billing and coding of VIP's
- Entering billing changes
- Keep credit card deposits up to date
- Review and charge no shows from the previous night for all reservations for Crowne Plaza
- Review Advance Purchase deposits
- Enter Transient reservations as needed
- Answer all reservations email inquiry and phone inquiry
- Prepare daily pick up/cut off/ no show report
- Participate in revenue strategy meeting
- Monitor inventory on a daily basis and balance inventory via Holidex & Opera
- Review any duplicate & invalid credit card reservations with the FD team
- Review and process travel agent/IHG commissions
- Maintain good relations with all guests and know and implement procedures for giving special attention to VIPs
- Be familiar with duties of the Area Director of Revenue Management such as forecasting, coding, closing out and restricting dates, checking arrivals/departures
- Perform administrative tasks on behalf of the Sales Department as needed
- Present ideas expectations and information in a concise well organized way
- Communicate all inventory levels to help the overall strategy of the hotel to maximize RevPAR and hotel goals and monitor room type availability daily
- Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position