The Association and SMEF Sales Manager you would be responsible for representing the hotel's services and facilities to prospective clients and customers in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Establishes a sense of urgency with the team to understand and achieve the needs of the hotel
- Knowledgeable of hotels' competitive set and recommends sales/pricing strategies, service and product improvements to stay competitive
- Will carry food & beverage contribution goals and work collaboratively with DOC to help achieve food and beverage revenues
- Consistently reviews shifts in market mix with DORM & DOSM and able to make deployment & pricing recommendations
- Stays atop industry trends
- Responsible for team achievement of Shop Call results
- Able to present to DOSM, General Manager & ownership interests both successes and areas for opportunity within the group segment.
- Maintains a thorough understanding and ability to report on group pace and future group need areas.
- Manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded.
Responsible for soliciting new group sales accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in rooms, food, beverage, and room rental.
Sales/Revenue Maximization: Responsible for achieving sales room night and revenue goals by business development, account management and hotel site sales calls. Achieves business revenue goals by developing, building and maintaining excellent client relationships through community involvement, local visitors’ bureau, market-specific organizations, and cultivating client database.
Cost Control: Responsible for management of sales expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Assists with the preparation and management of the department budget. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources.
Guest Service: Accountable for client satisfaction by ensuring service standards are met and clients’ needs are responded to in a timely manner. Ensures effective communication of client to appropriate operational departments. Resolves clients’ complaints and concerns in courteous and friendly manner, focuses on service recovery when applicable.
Technical Acumen: Responsible for utilizing sales and catering tools/systems to accurately identify, report, forecast and communicate sales data. Ensures integrity of sales data by documenting information in Delphi on a daily basis. Utilizes sales tools, and other market intelligence
- Safety/Risk Management: Support operations to maintain standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/employee incidents.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all applicable daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication and proactive planning. Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.