The Area Director of Revenue Management is a critical role for the company, and supports the overall revenue approach as collaboratively set by both the Operations and Sales Executive leadership for two properties, DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons Corner and Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner. This position works to support Forecasting and Budgeting through ongoing revenue meetings and monthly/quarterly updates with Senior Management. The role encompasses the creation of and leading efforts to drive overall revenue strategy for the field Hospitality Group, and involves creating and delivering reports that will enable short, mid and long-term strategies to be actualized. The role also acts as a primary field liaison in providing day-to-day support and training to new and long standing team members, as well as engaging in property-based meetings and support. This position will oversee and suport the Reservations department and manage hotel room inventory on a daily basis.
The Area Director of Revenue Management will report directly to the Property General Managers as well as the Corporate Director of Revenue Management. Close coordination and interaction will occur with the Senior Vice President of Operations, the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Vice President of Interactive Marketing, Regional Directors of Operations and the entire team of General Managers and Sales leaders.
- Provide complete revenue management support to a cluster of hotels within the hospitality group portfolio.
- Accountable for managing rooms inventory for the hotel. Ensuring that the inventory is allocated and restricted properly in order to maximize total hotel revenues and profits.
- Analyze group and transient pace reports to correctly position room rates for each market segment.
- Provide continuous business evaluation and analysis of competitive sets, price positioning, seasonality and mix along with corporate negotiated RFP strategies
- Conduct weekly strategy meetings to review market share performance and upcoming pricing, restriction and channel strategies by market segment along with current booking pace by market segment.
- Maintain strong relationships with third party market managers on behalf of all of the hotels in the region
- Complete brand systems training and perform brand system and distribution channel audits to ensure proper rate plan restrictions and strategies are in place.
- Run, analyze, compile and store rate shop and travel click business intelligence reports.
- Reconcile revenue management reports with accounting and sales systems reporting. Validate accuracy and communicate errors and discrepancies.
- Assist in the development and daily preparation of all managerial reports used for tracking and analysis.
- Assist with rate loading, group business evaluation and displacement analysis. Create tools for displacement analysis and update Delphi MAR and transient protected fields if necessary.
- Review group and convention block and pick-up activity ensuring all revenue opportunities and procedural guidelines are met.
- Update full year forecast monthly, prepare budget and business plans
- Measure, analyze and report out on booking trends, pickup, no shows, and sources of business.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with corporate support staff and hotel teams.
- Run daily revenue management and weekly strategy meeting reports, distributing to key stakeholders.