The Regional Director of Corporate Segment Sales is responsible for assisting the B. F. Saul Hospitality Group portfolio of hotels with various sales initiatives, ensuring Tysons Corner, Crystal City hotels’ corporate segment financial goals are met and consistent, high level of service is delivered with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the properties’ sales objectives. The Regional Director of Corporate Segment Sales focuses on client and hotel objectives in support of Our Quality Pledge and Standards of Service. The Regional Director of Corporate Segment Sales manages the hotels’ reactive and proactive sales efforts for corporate segment while maintaining accountability for achieving revenue opportunities under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Revenue Management. This position is responsible for overseeing the Tysons Corner properties; Doubletree by Hilton & Courtyard by Tysons and the Crystal City region Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn National Airport.
The Regional Director of Corporate Segment Sales reports to Senior Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Revenue Management and will engage with Operations professionals throughout the hotel.
The Regional Director of Corporate Segment Sales is responsible for, but not limited to the following duties and activities:
- Targets group/business transient accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation within corporate segment.
- Responds to incoming sales leads for the property.
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new business to achieve personal and property’s revenue goals.
- Focuses efforts on key and target accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
- Develops and executes effective sales plans and actions.
- Maximizes revenue by selling food and beverage to groups.
- Understands the overall market; competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities to include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Provides excellent customer service in order to grow share of the account.
- Collaborates with Director of Revenue and Channel Management to manage group room blocks effectively including cutoff dates, rooming lists, etc.
- Conducts formal pre-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs. Ensures proper and prompt follow up on all upsell opportunities.
- Manages meeting space, room set up, food and beverage and audio visual requirements. Delegate to Sales, Catering and Conference Services Managers as appropriate.
- Collaborates with all other operational departments to communicate group details via the group resume pertaining to arrival/departures, billings, special requests, etc.
- Identifies improvements to enhance the client experience.
- Maintains performance level when experiencing changes or challenges.
- Adhere to all standards, policies, and procedures and consistently maintain a professional and ethical representation within the Sales and Catering Department.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.