This position is responsible for overseeing the overall management and operation of the hotel. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality. Effective management of assigned staff to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive team member relations.
- Personally Delivers Exceptional Guest Service: Accountable for maintaining high service and quality standards according to brand including Quality Assurance Inspections and Guest Satisfaction Surveys. Communicates guest feedback to hotel staff and addresses trends/issues with staff in a timely manner. Encourages and collaborates with hotel team to set an example of the expected level of guest service. Personally follows up on all guest inquiries, issues and concerns in a timely and effective manner to ensure B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group’s high standards of quality and service are maintained.
- Sales: Actively participates in the hotel’s sales efforts, analyzes and negotiates business, determines pricing and yield strategies, attends sales calls/site visits to impact and maintain client relationships. Assists in maintaining accurate weekly, monthly and annual budgets, forecasts and business plans in collaboration with the hotel’s sales team. Works in conjunction with Revenue Manager and Sales Team to implement sales strategies and a business mix that will help ensure the hotel achieves maximum revenue potential. Provides direction to operations team to ensure the service and quality needs of negotiated accounts and groups are met consistently.
- Maximizes Guest Satisfaction Scores: Identifies potential obstacles to exemplary service. Uses available tools and knowledge to implement ideas to maximize guest satisfaction scores. Communicates results from guest satisfaction surveys with hotel team and addresses needs and trends that have been identified from the survey results. Responds to guest concerns which arise on surveys when necessary. Works with hotel team to maintain guest satisfaction scores that are within the range deemed acceptable by the brand.
- Financial Responsibility: Assists in managing expenses according to budgeted/forecasted guidelines to maximize hotel profitability. Assists in reviewing/releasing payroll and ensuring effective labor management. Utilizes the B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement system effectively and adheres to the approved vendor network for purchasing. Assists in preparation and management of the hotel budget and ongoing forecasting efforts. Communicates financial forecasts via weekly reporting and critiques month end financial results via month end reporting. Shares revenue forecasts with leadership team to ensure departmental expense is adjusted accordingly. Reviews A/R and A/P with emphasis on following accounting procedures as outlined in B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group’s Internal Accounting Audit. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources.
- Training and Development: Responsible for assisting with the ongoing training and development of hotel team members and maintaining all necessary training records. Ensures the new hire training process effectively prepares new team members for their positions. Analyzes current training programs and adjusts as needed. Implements new B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group and brand training initiatives in a timely manner. Utilizes training resources effectively and ensures all training requirements are met.
- People Management: Responsible for effectively interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing hotel team members and management team. Addresses performance issues accordingly and takes appropriate corrective action to hold team members accountable. Motivates hotel staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback and rewarding/recognizing team members. Effectively addresses areas for improvement determined by B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group’s annual Team member Opinion Survey and communicates results from the survey to the hotel staff in a timely manner. Ensures annual team member turnover falls within B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group’s acceptable guidelines and reacts to any turnover concerns.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management and adjusting work schedule as dictated by business needs. Provides guidance and assistance to the hotel team members and leadership team to ensure their workloads are appropriate and managed effectively. Demonstrates clear written and verbal skills. Promotes a productive, professional and collaborative work environment. Plays an active role in leading daily team meetings and weekly/monthly departmental/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication and planning occurs.
- Safety/Risk Management: Participates in monthly Safety Committee Meetings. Assists in conducting routine inspections of the hotel operation/building to maintain standards of B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment. Understands the importance of handling all guest and team member accidents/incidents in a timely and effective manner while following B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group policy. Completes B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group incident reports and follows up within appropriate time frame. Assists in promoting corporate safety programs and initiatives.